Tales from 4 Busy Rizzy's

Another attempt at blogging our family life

Saturday, August 2, 2008

With baby 2.0 on it's way (very soon - due on Halloween) - I'm feeling the need to do it better this time. Keeping an updated blog has never been my strong point, but with so much family friends who live far away, I should probably make a good effort to keep everyone updated on our lives as it happens.

I will post pictures on here as I take them. Now I have a more appropriate camera for documenting the important happenings in our lives, expect to see a lot of pictures ... no second baby syndrome for this family :)

A friend of mine who is also a photographer has asked me if she could come in to the delivery room with us when the big day arrives to take photos. She has been instructed to stay up at my head, and to take photos of our princess AFTER she is born, not during lol. I have no interest in reliving the experience years down the road through photos, nor do I need a crowd of people who aren't in the medical profession, getting a first hand look at how my child is coming into the world.

Logan is pretty excited to be getting a baby sister. We've asked him if he's willing to share his toys, his mommy and daddy and the answer is always yes. We read him the "I'm going to be a big brother" book a lot and he has agreed to be gentle to the baby, help mommy out and be a great big brother. I'll be interested to see how it all pans out after we bring her home.

We still haven't picked a name yet. We have a list of about 20 or so that we like, and every now and then we'll pull out the list and try to decide, but it seems really hard this time (although now that I think of it, it was hard with Logan too). I'm sure we'll narrow it down to 2 or 3 and wait until she arrives to see what suits her best.

I'm pretty much ready. I have everything I need left over from Logan, we only had to get a new carseat - which I picked up already. This one is great, it's good for up to 30lbs / 32inches long / or 1 year - whichever comes first. Standard carseats are only good for up to 22 or 24lbs. Logan was out of his by the time we took him for his 4mo shots. I really like having them in the bucket car seat (especially since I'll have a toddler too, I don't want to worry about pulling 2 kids out of the car seats). Logan has already started sitting in the carseat (it's on our livingroom floor right now - pictures to follow). I plan to get my house organized so I have nothing to worry about afterwards, and also plan to prepare a whole bunch of freezable easy meals that Dave or I can quickly put together in our zombie like state for the first few weeks after she's born.

Logan update: He's officially entered the terrible twos. He tells me "no" or "go away mommy" or "don't" and of course I don't listen lol. When I stop him from doing something he shouldn't be doing, or take something from him he's not supposed to have, I usually get screamed at. Now when he wants to scream at me, he gets a warning. If he keeps doing it, then he has to go and scream in his room, I certainly don't want to hear it.

We're nowhere near potty training. He was very into it for the longest time, and then stopped. When I put him on the potty, he'll just sit there and then get up. He never tells me when he has to go, and if I ask him, he'll always say no. Dave bought him some big boy underwear and he wanted to wear them, so I let him. I kept stressing that if he had to pee or poop, he must go to the potty. After about an hour, he said "potty", but was telling me that he was already peeing. I'm not rushing it, I don't want to make it a negative experience. I was hoping it would happen before the baby gets here, but I doubt it will. I'll keep trying though, I ask him every day :)

He is such a fun kid though. He has quite the personality and makes me laugh everyday. We try to take him out to different things and have different experiences all the time. Last night, we were at a friend's house for a BBQ, and he got to jump on their trampoline (and loved it), he got to toast a marshmallow (although he ate about 15 untoasted ones), and see fireworks. He had so much fun, that even at 1130 at night, he was still going strong and didn't want to leave. A few weeks ago, we took him back to the Calgary zoo. What a difference from last year - he was loving all the animals, and would cry every time we pulled him away from one that he liked. In that same weekend, we also took him to Calaway Park (which is the largest outdoor amusement park in Western Canada) and went on lots of rides (some by himself, some with Dave).



Anyways, I can't promise long posts like this everytime (or that they'll happen on a regular basis), but I will try to at least keep it updated with photos as I take (and edit) them.

0 comments: