Tales from 4 Busy Rizzy's

What Is Your Version of "Heaven"?

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

This is Logan's.

Logan has been obsessed with skateboards for a while now (anything laying on the floor becomes his skateboard). We've been holding off getting him one for fear of explaining to a social worker at the hospital why our two-year old has a broken arm (kidding - we are just waiting for him to get a little older before we feed this obsession).

Anyways, in celebration of the 50th day of my 365 project, I got the idea to take Logan to a skate park in the city. I researched online where the best one might be (strictly for my own selfish photographic reasons ... I wanted lots of graffiti) and today we took off (appropriately dressed in "skater wear"). I also threw his bike in the van so he could ride that around the bowl, rather than a skateboard. When we got there, there was only one other guy using the park - so we sat on the bench and watched him for a bit before taking over :) Logan & I went in and started taking pictures. Then I brought out his bike, and it was like he discovered his version of heaven. A couple more kids came while he was riding his bike, but were so awesome at waiting patiently to the side while we finished. I couldn't bribe him out of the park for ANYTHING!! I tried milkshakes, burgers, whatever I thought might work lol. Short of promising to take him to the closest skate shop and getting him his own shiny new skateboard, I figured the only way we were going to get out of there was with tears. I was wrong, and found out that promising him we could sit on the bench and watch the kids do their tricks would work. He got pretty cold sitting there, so getting him back in the van was pretty effortless. We went to Tim Horton's for treats (and to warm up) before heading home.

The whole way home he couldn't stop talking about the skate park. He told me that when he gets older he's going to get a skateboard, but he would be "bery careful mom" lol.

This is just a few of the photos I took today. Head over to my Flickr page to see a few more.




Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Gay said...

So - this venture places you officially on the supermom list. Taking a 2 1/2 year old to a skate park with a bike 10 days from your due date is awesome.
Do we really want another skater in the family? Is there ever a choice? Truck on Logan.
Granny