I went for my 37 week doctor's appointment yesterday, and found out that the baby is breech (confirmed with a quick ultrasound in the office - rolled in on a Mastercraft toolbox lol). I asked the doctor to confirm that the baby is a girl, and she looked and confirmed that she is a girl (phew!)
Dr. Barnes has had the most difficult time being able to tell which way she was pointed for the longest time, and then thought she felt a foot in the right spot, and head pointed down (last week). This week, she was uncertain again, so pulled in the ultrasound machine to make sure ... and sure enough, she's head up. I'm supposed to go for an external version sometime in the next week (which I'm really not looking forward to - have heard it hurts, doesn't always work (has about a 40% chance of being successful), and sometimes ends up in an emergency c-section right there) to try and get her turned the right way at the hospital. If it doesn't work, then I'm in for a scheduled c-section around 39 weeks (which is about Oct 23/24), providing I don't go into labour before that.
After some thought, I'm okay with whatever happens (hahaha I kind of have to be, don't I?) - because as long as we're both healthy, it doesn't really matter how she gets here. Just not looking forward to the longer hospital stay and extended recovery time with a toddler to look after as well. But, on the plus side - there are positives to a scheduled birth - it should be more relaxed, no contractions, I know that I'll get the drugs (lol), and I can be organized (something I'm a big fan of)
Will update again after I go for my version (don't know when it is yet)
Stubborn like her parents :)
Wednesday, October 8, 2008Posted by Risidore Family at 7:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
All that does matter is a healthy mommy and baby:) You will do great no matter how she comes into this world.
Can't wait to meet her!!
HUGSxx
I hope she turns around, but if she doesn't, you are a great person who can get through anything, with an amazingly supportive husband .
Yayyy for girls !!!
Post a Comment