Tales from 4 Busy Rizzy's

March Update

Friday, April 3, 2009

I promise that I do try to do more than one update a month, more like life as it happens, but life happens pretty quickly and I don't get to spend as much one on one time with my computer (at least not with two hands free that is).

I tried to think positively about March being a healthier month, but sadly, it didn't happen that way. All of us were sick at least once and Logan even took a trip to the ER. We thought he may have had pneumonia, but everything was fine. He got his first xray, and took it all like a champ. They told us that it was just a virus and to wait it out - by the next morning, his fever was gone and the day after that he was starting to resemble the old Logan. I'm pretty optimistic that April is going to go a whole lot better for us.

Grandpa Bill came for a short visit and both kids were pretty happy to see him. Madelyn was all smiles for him and LOVED tugging his big ol' Santa beard. We all went to the circus, but Logan was so sick that he fell asleep on Dave's lap an hour after it started and we ended up leaving during intermission (which is what prompted the ER visit later that afternoon)

Madelyn's update.
She went for her 4-month vaccinations this month and only had a mild fever the next day and was a little sleepier, but still her same smiley self. She also had her checkup too and is 15.15lbs and 24.5inches long - apparently right in the 50th percentile for both. It's weird to have an "average" baby - Logan was outgrowing everything at a rapid pace by the time he was 4 months old.

She's still undecided on how she would like to sleep at night. I think I was getting more sleep when she was a newborn. For just over a week, she was waking 3 or more times a night, to eat. I forgot how much fun teething can be. None have popped through yet, but she always has at least one finger in her mouth, chewing away. Luckily, she's back to a more tolerable night-time routine, waking only once.

We took Madelyn swimming for the first time this week, and she loved it of course. She actually managed to last almost an hour in the pool and looked adorable in her little swimsuit. I would of taken a picture, but didn't want to advertise my huge camera to anyone interested and then put it in a locker, so I'll have to play dress up another time and take a picture.

Logan's update.
Logan is officially enrolled in playschool. He starts in September and goes 2 days a week for 2 hours each day. He really loved the school, the teacher and it took us forever to get him to leave.

Logan has officially hit the "terrific three's" ... a good chunk of our day is spent looking at protesting scrunched up face paired up with "I can do whatever my want!" or "I can say whatever my want" while he tries to claim his independence and test his boundaries. We've resorted to a lot more reverse psychology lol. It's not all bad though (I think part of it is cabin fever - we've been stuck in the house a lot trying to get everyone better), he's still a hilarious kid and is still in love with his sister.

We're still doing great without diapers - last night he had his first night time accident since February. He refuses to use his little potty at all anymore, it's only the big toilet for him, which makes for a good chuckle (and the occasional wet bum) when he needs to sit down.

I took the kids to the mom, pop and tots fair today and he got to see the Big Comfy Couch live which was pretty exciting for him (it's one of his favourite shows).

I'm really looking forward to his birthday next month. We booked his party at McLeod Creek Farms, so the kids get to take a farm tour, pet, feed and play with a whole bunch of different animals and then go for a pony ride and a ride on a wagon too.

Dave picked up a BMX bike for Logan from a co-worker who's own son outgrew it. He put some training wheels on it and the tricycle is now a thing of the past. It's parked in our livingroom and every day Logan practices riding it. He's doing pretty good. Dave took him for a walk the other day and let Logan ride his trike on the sidewalk and had a great time crashing into the snow piles.

Dave & my update.
Dave is back working both jobs and earning real paycheques again. They did some layoffs at the other location, but instead made some schedule changes to Dave's location. He still works 4 on, 4 off, but on one rotation he starts the early shift (6am - 4pm) and then the next rotation he's on lates (11am - 9pm) - the early's are nice, but the lates kind of suck.

We're still waiting to hear about his exam results from school - it's been a month, but they did say they were behind.

We just got our van back yesterday. It had a failure with the power steering and had to take it to Toyota for repairs. It's the first time ever that we got to use the extended warranty. We've always bought one with the vehicles, but never needed it (or the problem wasn't covered). We had to cruise around in the Jetta for 2 days, which made for a pretty cozy event. I'm glad to have my mom-bus back.

I'm pretty sure we finally got rid of the thrush we battled for 4 months. I put my pump away a couple of weeks ago and hope it stays away. I didn't get the chance to build up a substantial supply beforehand, so Madelyn isn't ever too far away for very long.

Not a whole lot else is new with me. Spent the last month trying to get everyone healthy, so we didn't go out much. I'm officially one month behind on my picture editing now. I'm so excited for the snow to melt so we can go outside, being stuck in the house all the time makes for some boring pictures lol.

0 comments: