February Update (a little late)
February was filled with a whole lot of ... wait for it ... nothing. Aunt "Flu" came to visit and definitely overstayed her welcome. 3 out of 4 family members agree that being sick sucks (the fourth has only managed to escape with a small cold, although being sick in any form definitely isn't fun).
The kids and I have basically been cooped up in the house off and on all month. We keep passing around colds and every time we get better enough to go somewhere, we catch something else. This last one has been a doosy though, I came down with the flu, then Logan and finally Dave. It's the flu that keeps on giving too, starting out with a fever, then a sore throat that actually is accompanied by not being able to sleep (and really, I normally haven't had any troubles sleeping in the last year or so lol) and finally a cough/stuffed up nose to finish it off (this is the stage that Logan and Dave are at right now).
Here is my updates for each person in the house:
Madelyn.
will be 4 months old on Saturday ... it's a little crazy how fast time is going by, but it's also nice because we're so much more relaxed this time around and can actually enjoy the moments more. She's starting to enjoy some of her other toys now (exersaucer and holding on to other toys instead of just looking at them). She still sleeps much better than Logan did at this age, and even gave me two nights (not in a row) where she slept from 830pm until 7am. It was so nice to get that small break. She only ever wakes once a night to eat, usually anywhere around 130 or 3am and then will sleep until about 7 or 8. Most nights she'll wake up crying, but goes back to sleep when I stumble in her room and put the soother back in.
We're also pretty excited about the visitors we have (or have had) coming this month and next, all family that hasn't met Madelyn yet.
Logan.
Logan's updates are pretty much the same now. We have a couple of preschool open houses to attend this month, so hopefully we can make a decision. He's pretty excited about the idea. We've gone to this preschool-like program a couple of times that is put on free by the Family Resource Centre (a pre-school setting that parents have to also attend to supervise) and he loves it.
He's also been out of diapers completely since Feb 17. We told him if he woke up with dry diapers 5 days in a row he could wear underwear to bed. Since Feb 17, he's only had 3 accidents at night (in a row). He's pretty proud of himself and will remind me to put another "green star" on the calendar (I had a color coded star system on the calendar and have been using green since we stopped using diapers. We had our first and only public accident last month too. I was expecting this to happen and it did it in the place I thought it would. We were at an indoor playground and he was having so much fun that he forgot to use the potty. I was feeding Madelyn, so a friend scooped him up to finish on the potty for me. I have spare clothes for both kids in the van, so I ran out and grabbed a new pair of underwear and pants to change into. It hasn't happened since ... actually we haven't had any daytime accidents since. He's really good at going by himself and will just go and use the potty and not even tell us.
I don't have any other developmental updates, so I'll share a couple of cute stories.
Last night Logan wanted chocolate milk (a standard with supper usually), but because he'll usually suck it back and not finish his supper, we told him he had to eat his supper first and then he could have chocolate milk. Well, he finished supper and didn't remind us of his "reward", so we forgot. While we were sitting in the livingroom, he quietly disappeared into the kitchen, grabbed his stool and took it to the pantry. Then he grabbed the strawberry milk mix (what he calls "chocolate milk") and the milk from the fridge. He also found himself a Logan friendly cup and put them all together himself. He even stirred it himself with a spoon he got from the drawer and it was even a good proportion of mix to milk and only a small spill for the dog to tidy up. It amazes me how much he pays attention even when I don't think he is.
In the same night ... When Dave runs Madelyn a bath, Logan always runs in and checks it to make sure it's not too hot. After she gets out, he usually dumps the water out of the tub and props it up to dry while we get her dressed. I saw him get in the big bath tub and was playing with the little bit of (cool) water left in the baby tub. Next thing I know he's removed his pants and underwear and asking Dave for help with his shirt (he's not good at taking shirts off yet) and climbing into the baby bath tub lol. He happily played there for a good 5-10 minutes. I did take pictures and will post them as soon as I can get to them.
I am selling my "old" stroller. I have one that accommodates both kids so I don't need the other one. Dave brought it in so I could take pictures of it, and Logan has become obsessed with it. He has probably spent more time in, on or under the stroller since the weekend than he ever wanted to in the past. He loves it folded up so he can pretend it's a motorbike or a quad and pretends to drive it around the living room and loves it equally when it's upright and ready to go because he'll climb in, buckle up and ask Dave to drive him around the house like a lunatic. (speaking of which - I told Logan he was a lunatic once and he told me "yes, I have lots of luna-tickets")
When my dad was here last week, Logan and Dave shared a Revel Ice Cream bar after supper. After Dave put him to bed, he had another one. Logan called Dave back because he had to pee and when Dave leaned in to give him another goodnight kiss, Logan immediately asked him "what's that smell?!!?! - ice cream!!" lol lol. He seriously cracks us up every day.
Dave.
is done school for this year (last Friday). He is so relieved to be done and is now anxiously waiting for his final exam score to come back (we've been told it could take a month). He's pretty confident he did well, and if his scores throughout the course are any reflection of how he would do on the final, then I don't think we have anything to worry about. Exam aside, he scored 83% in the theory portion of the course and 90% in the shop portion. Also, depending on his final grade overall, he will get a portion of the course fees back from his work, so that's an added bonus. He did come down with the flu on Sunday and took 2 days off work. Yesterday he went back and they didn't have anything for him to do, so they gave him the option of going home or waiting for something to come in. He didn't get any sleep the night before because he was sick so he did some running around with his blue book (something that would of been mailed and taken forever) and went back again today (I haven't seen or heard from him, so I guess they found something for him to do). It's a good thing he has two jobs (and the other one is giving him as much work as he wants, so he's going to work 3 out of his next 4 days off instead of 2 to make up for some of the missed time this week).
Me.
Not much exciting about me. I've lost all my baby weight now and am fitting back into my old favourite pre-baby jeans (woot woot!!), I think I'm going to be happy and sad when I get too small for them and they end up in the "fat pile" lol. Guess I'll have to find a new favourite pair.
I'm still battling thrush. It's getting a little more than annoying at this point. I went to see my GP last week and she's sending me to a breast-feeding specialist at the hospital where I had Madelyn. She said it is definitely thrush and doesn't know why the other stuff I've tried hasn't worked (and I've tried a lot). I'm happy to be going to a specialist and really hope she can get rid of this for good and I can put my pump away soon. I still nurse on one side and pump on the other and it's "giving me hemorrhoids" as my dad would say (pain in the ass) lol. She did give me some stuff to tie me over until I get my appointment and that seems to be helping a little bit.
I do still take pictures every day (and am almost at day 200 with Logan and day 120 with Madelyn), but I'm totally slacking on the editing and posting. I try to do a couple every day, but just can't seem to get caught up. Looking forward to spring when I can get outside more. I did get a new bag last month big enough to carry around my gear and everything baby-related, so my camera comes with me everywhere. My newest venture is trying to learn off-camera lighting. I bought an off-shoe cord to use my flash off the camera, but am limited because the cord isn't very long and my camera is heavy to hold with one hand and the flash with the other.
March is shaping up to be a busy month. We have a birthday party every weekend, 2 pre-school open houses, Madelyn's 4-month shots, we're going to the circus in a couple of weeks, visit from Grandpa Bill and NO SICKNESSES!! Talk to you again next month!! :)
February Update
Thursday, March 5, 2009Posted by Risidore Family at 4:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment