I probably spend most of my free "surfing time" on Flickr. There are so many talented photographers out there, and I'm always trying to learn from them. There is a popular project out there where the photographer takes a different self-portrait every day for a year. I saw one of my "Flickr Friends" who posts one picture a day of her youngest child instead of a self-portrait and I was inspired to do the same. I started doing this yesterday, and already it's forcing me to think about what I'm taking pictures of, what settings my camera are at and how I can make it come out better.
Today, Logan & I baked a Spiced Peach Coffee Cake (We received a big bag of home-grown peaches yesterday, so I have a few recipes I'm going to use them in). Logan had a blast - moving his stool to whereever I was so he could see and help. He kept asking me to open the oven so he could smell the cake while it was baking (although the smell of nutmeg, cinnamon & cardamom are still lingering in the house) and he couldn't wait to tell Daddy all about it. I decided to take pictures as I went along and put them together as a diptych (although it's more than 2 photos put together, so I guess that's not the right name) :)
I won't post my picture of the day here (not every day at least), but please check my flickr site to see how it turns out :)
Today, Logan & I baked a Spiced Peach Coffee Cake (We received a big bag of home-grown peaches yesterday, so I have a few recipes I'm going to use them in). Logan had a blast - moving his stool to whereever I was so he could see and help. He kept asking me to open the oven so he could smell the cake while it was baking (although the smell of nutmeg, cinnamon & cardamom are still lingering in the house) and he couldn't wait to tell Daddy all about it. I decided to take pictures as I went along and put them together as a diptych (although it's more than 2 photos put together, so I guess that's not the right name) :)
I won't post my picture of the day here (not every day at least), but please check my flickr site to see how it turns out :)


1 comments:
You silly monkey, you didn't tell me you had a blog. I had to stalk someone elses blog to find you there by accident LOL!
You can stalk mine anytime too !
Post a Comment